Sunday, June 8, 2008

February's almost out there!

I've worked hard all weekend to get the finishing touches on Knit Together, and I'm happy to report that the printer now has all the pieces she needs to get me some proofs!

Retailers have been contacted for Shopping Opportunities, a members' list has been updated so I can set up the labels while the printer does her magic, and we're comin' into the home stretch!

I want to thank Ilga Leja of Halifax NS www.ilgaleja.com for coming to my rescue as the designer for this issue. Ilga's a great lady and an amazing designer. You'll be hearing more from her in the coming issues.

Work is also on-going for the May, 2008 issue too (yes, I KNOW what month this is). I cast on a yarn to review this morning on my 'coffee break' (yes, I'm structuring my weekends this way, despite living on a beautiful passage of river). Our knitter feature for that issue is already done, our books are at least lined up for review, Knitting Out Loud has sent us another book to listen to on the morning and afternoon commutes, and life is looking pretty rosy here at Canadian Guild of Knitters!

Thank you everyone for your patience with Knit Together while I sorted out this whole house sale thing, and thanks for your understanding as I complete the move. I'm keeping my feet to the fire, and don't mind your help to that end along the way.

If you know of a great knitter or knitting designer or want to write about your very own favourite Local Yarn Shop, do so, and submit it. We pay for published submissions!

Darling has dinner on the barbecue, so, after leaving him alone all day, I'm off to enjoy a lovely Sunday dinner with him.

No comments: