Saturday, April 12, 2008

Strong Women Dance


It seems hats are about all I'm getting accomplished these days. This one is destined for my good friend Julie, who is having a 'bout' of ovarian cancer. She's the second woman I know who has been afflicted with this disease in the last six months.


Strong Women Dance is the name of this hat. I got the pattern from the Knitting Pattern A Day calendar. It is also posted on the Charitable Crafters blog, http://charitablecrafters.blogspot.com/2008/02/strong-women-dance.html .


Julie has a great sense of humour and she'll love this hat and what it stands for. This isn't a chemo cap, as Julie has 'only' required two round of radiation therapy so far (as if that's not enough). It will be a winter hat which will look great with her red hair! I hope by then she can wear it in good health!

1 comment:

Cabin Fever said...

Hi Cynthia,
This is the first time I've checked out your blog. Well done. I've added you to my friends link. I like the hat and I hope your friend does well with her treatment.
See you soon,
Deb