Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's in the Mail!

With very few exceptions, the February issue of Knit Together is now in the hands of Canada Post, and not a minute too soon!

In addition to my thanks to Ilga Leja of Halifax, I also want to give a shout-out to Eleanor Anderson, who designed or main project in this issue, and Anthea Benson of BC for her wonder piece about the Fibre Chicks. Also thanks to my work-out buddy and scrapbooking consultant Cheryl for putting magazines into envelopes after an hour's workout, and to Darling, who helped with labelling and postage this issue. I am grateful, indeed!

Serendipity has entered my life again, with some bins to house swatches, books and other items to feature in upcoming issues of Knit Together.

The move continues... some framed pieces, half of my cookbooks (the half I'm keeping), a lamp and yet another box of kitchen bits filled another carload to the new place. It has been a long time since I've moved, and I'm not sure which is worse: doing it all in the span of six weeks, or having the luxury of six months to agonize over what to keep and what to move along.

In the knitting department, I needed a 'quick start' project for the car one day, so I started the Queen Anne's Lace shawl in some light grey alpaca I purchased in Nederland Colorado in April '07. I think the pattern is free on-line from MMario's blog, http://www.menwhoknit.com/community/?q=node/2772

I also bought some Malabrigo yarn I bought from a LYS. It's a handpainted 51% silk and 49% wool I'm hoping to use for a project in the next issue of Knit Together. The beat goes on...

No comments: