Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mac conversion anyone?

Last weekend I was at Lucy Neatby's Double Knitting Workshop and Lucy advised she is a "Mac Convert." I just about became one today.

There I was, working away on a piece for the November issue (yes, I'm jumping ahead) when a little 'dialogue' box came up to say an error had occurred. Oh, it gave me the option of saving my file, then told me the memory reference or some such thing was 'full'. Bear in mind I had only worked on this piece. One little one page article, no graphics, no cool stuff. And my memory is full. Yeah, right.

I saved the column of material I could and exited the program. Upon re-entry I see this little memory problem was more wide-spread -- the software hadn't been saving the automatic backups as it is prescribed to do. Grrr...

Fortunately I was able to salvage the second half of the article. UNfortuately, I had to reconstruct the first half from the scratch that is my shorterhand. Grrr...

There will be no Vista for me... I'm having enough trouble with Corel applications in a Windows XP environment.

One of these days I might take my "Mac-ness" to the computer level! I am, afterall, a MacDougall!

No comments: