Saturday, March 21, 2009

I was having SUCH a good day...


The latest issue was clicking together, I got a close up of the flowers for the project on the cover of the next issue, and tidied up a few edits to the knitter feature. I had also drafted out the yarn shop text.
I thought "I should call it a day," at that point but nooo, I had to keep going.
I decided to lay out the mini project, a scarf with two pages of text that I need to get onto one half page. Naturally, it didn't *quite* fit, so I figured I would copy the layout into a WordPerfect document and print it for my working copy to test my edits. About five minutes before Darling called, "Dinner's ready!" I got the dialogue box telling me the memory was full. Curses!
Sometimes, when that happens, I can copy the text and paste it over, but not today. I lost everything I did for the previous two hours, including my lovely, creative, abbreviations.
So, I'm off to cry in my rum and coke. This day is officially over.

1 comment:

Deb @ cabinfever said...

Oh No. I hate losing work. I like the flowers in the photo. We need reminders that spring is coming. And if we can't get it outside then we just have to crochet our own.