Sunday, November 29, 2009

More news about Ktog


This weekend I got one yarn review knitted and typeset, and typeset the review of the sock yarn I've been working with. I also got Web Browsing dine and finished off our Enduring Classic Book Review. Waiting in the wings is a local yarn shop feature by a guest author, and some pieces for Gizmos and Gottahaves -- Cabin Fever has a new pattern!


The photos of mohair don't turn out well at the best of time, but here is the yarn in question, with a stripe of sock yarn that was used as a pattern in another project.


Last weekend, Mom and I went to Karen Lawrence's Purls of Wisdom retreat. Karen closed her shop, SheepStrings, earlier this year, but she continues to make hand-painted yarn which she will be selling at shows. I bought this yummy yarn which, in real life, looks like a field of sunflowers! The photo at right isn't doing it justice at all!
Having spent the day in the office, I'm off to do a bit of knitting!

2 comments:

MommaBearKnits said...

Knit from your stash Cynthia. Thanks for the comment, now I can shop some more as I will never beat your stash.

Cynthia said...

Yeah uh huh, and I doubt I'll ever get it all knitted. I've been trying, though, by making Baby Surprise jackets, except two of those only used about 10 grams of stash yarn -- the rest I bought. I think I need a 12 step program... but I don't WANT it! :-)