Sunday, January 24, 2010

Writing Along

Another full day in the office. I discovered last night there were two yarn reviews needed for this issue! YIKES! So, last night I chose two yarns and worked frantically this morning to get them sampled. The research is done and there's just the text to finish drafting.

Finding a designer has been another particular challenge, and I've been lucky enough to find one who has a blog. I did half the research before ever getting to the interview!

There is other, sad news: in my last post, I mentioned 'planned illnesses', which is to say illnesses of which we, as a family, were aware. One was a terminal diagnosis my sister's fiance received this past October. The disease took him quickly -- on January 12. Having passed his age just a year ago, I can say with conviction that 49 is too young to die.

There is some good news: the other 'planned illness' another family member endured in the past two months ended with the best possible scenario.

The 'unplanned illness' of our cat had a happy ending, too; he's eating well, and purring once more.

Life sure has its ups and downs.

No comments: