Monday, September 6, 2010

And just WHERE did August go?

August, as far as my memory goes, was pretty rainy. As I reflect back over it, I'm totally perplexed as to where it exactly went.


I've done some writing, but clearly not blog posts... I've done some knitting, but all garter stitch -- I've had no mind to do anything complex... shades of last year. I did knit Deb a shawl for her bridal shower -- I made her Idella from Myrna Stahmann's Seaman's Scarves and Faroese Shawl book, but I had that finished in July. I made a full-size faroese shawl in three weeks. That may be why I haven't been knitting a lot this month...


I have pulled out the Level 2 file and got another look at it. I also had another person step forward for testing the first portion of Level 2 exercises, and that package is going out in tomorrow's mail.


There have been no Level 1 submissions, so the office is still empty.


Two really great things happened just last week...


My brother, who we thought was a confirmed bachelor, got married last Saturday! Here are him and his bride beside our dad's 1949 Ford pickup truck.

Here is Darren and me before the service...


And lastly, here are the newlyweds standing beside a rusted old artifact of a tractor on the Museum site where the wedding was held.



It's completely appropriate that these two got married at a Museum, and that they had wedding photos taken next to a tractor. I'm not being unkind... and will explain it in my next post.

No comments: