Sunday, August 3, 2008

Oh, We're off to see the Wizard


Not really. The only reason that phrase comes to mind is because this little vest is the Oz Vest from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. The photo isn't the best. I converted this pic from 300 dpi to 200 dpi. I'm still trying to figure out resolution. I know I don't need even 200 dpi for a website, but whenever I convert a photo, I loose clarity.
I made the vest from Cabin Fever Aran Tweed yarn, 50/50 cotton/acrylic (the leftovers from Darling's Daylight in Hofsos sweater in the Knit Together November, 2007 issue) with a few bits of brilliant orange and neon green Patons Canadiana. It's all done but for sewing in a few ends and locating two green and one orange button for the top right shoulder (as you're viewing it)
This is the first project I have ever knitted entirely in bed. No, I haven't been ill, it's just that my new night table affords me a drawer in which to hide a little project, and the bedroom affords me a nice view, so, while I'm sipping on my morning coffee on weekends, I am also puttering away on this little project.
Darling is getting used to me knitting at all hours of the day, and apart from the finials on my walnut Brittany needles, he doesn't mind a bit.
Once I've cleaned out that drawer, I might just put a UFO in there to putter away at.

No comments: