Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year

As we approach the close of 2010 (a rollercoaster if ever there was one -- for me), I want to wish all Canadian Guild of Knitters members, all my friends and my family, a happy 2011.

May peace and love reign.


Every day I am one step closer to having my new life organized. Earlier this week, I emptied some boxes in the office. I'm changing to a different filing system, and trying to piece back together the components of 2010 that got scattered hither and yon.


By January 4, I plan to have all my recent orders processed, my next article written, and my KAP marking done so I can participate in a KAL or two guilt-free.


Because I needed to carve out some knitting time over the holidays, I finished this shawl for my Mom. It is the garter stitch Gracie from Myrna Stahmann's book, made of 316 grams of 'well-aged' Kroy (my favourite yarn for shawls).
I made the shawl at the right for my sister, but no one believes she will wear it. I started out making it for myself, but the colour isn't right for me. The yarn is Knit Picks Gloss, (took @ 180 grams), and the pattern is a free Ravelry Download -- look for the Elizabeth Zimmermann 100th birthday commemorative shawls set designed by mwaa (a lady from Ontario, as it happens). I used the camping shawl for the body, but used the hearts edging from the other two shawls in the set.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Gorgeous!! Happy New Year :-)